- Key highlights of what you’re consenting to
- The information we collect
- How we use the information we collect
- Sharing information
- Accessing and updating user information
- Information about cookies, other technologies, and third-party data collection
- Explain the way we use information that you share with us in order to build a great product and give you a great experience with it;
- Ensure that you understand what information we collect with your permission, and what we do — and do not do — with it;
- Hold us accountable for protecting your rights and your privacy under this policy.
All the information we collect is related to providing Breadstand’s service and its features.
Broadly speaking, there are two categories of information we collect:
- information that we must have in order for you to use our service; and
- information that we can use to provide additional features and improved experiences if you choose to share that information.
The first category includes:
- Registration information, including your name, birth date, address, and other information you provide when you sign up with Breadstand.
- Broad, non-specific location, which we derive from your IP address. This helps us deliver our services more effectively and do things like reduce shipping expenses, expedite shipping, ensure a higher quality of product delivery.
- The messages and photos you write so we can print effectively. Technical and sensor information necessary to operate Appreci8te. This includes the type of browser and device you use, data from the touchscreen, and information from your device’s accelerometer and gyroscope sensors. This enables you to control Breadstand and allows us to do simple things like rotate text.
The second category includes information that enables us to offer you additional features.
We never receive any of the following information unless you expressly choose to share it with us. It’s as simple as that. Here are some examples:
- Your specific location. We will never gather or use your specific device location without first getting your explicit permission.
- Your photos: We will only access images that you specifically choose, and we will never scan or import your photo library or camera roll. This allows you to choose individual pictures to change your profile picture or create cover art for a playlist. You can stop sharing photos and revoke access at any time.
- Your contacts: We will never scan or import your contacts unless you ask us to. If you choose to do so, we will only use your contact information to help you find friends or contacts who use Breadstand.
- Your microphone: We will never access or use your microphone unless you give us explicit permission. This could enable you to control Appreci8te with your voice, and you will always have the ability to disable access to the microphone.
We will be clear with you about how and when we might share information.
2. Key Highlights of What You're Consenting To
By using or interacting with Service, you are consenting to:
- the transfer of your information outside of the country where you live;
- the public availability of your information and the controls over such information as described in Sharing information.
3. The Information We Collect
We may collect and store the following information—
3.1 Registration data
When you sign up for the Service, we may ask you for information such as your username, password, email address, date of birth, gender, address, postal code, and country. If you connect to the Service using credentials from a Third Party Application (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use) (e.g., Apple), you authorise us to collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials. We may also collect other information available on or through your Third Party Application account, including, for example, your name, profile picture, country, hometown, email address, date of birth, gender, friends’ names and profile pictures, and networks.
You may also choose to voluntarily add other information to your profile, such as your mobile phone number and mobile service provider.
3.2 Usage, log data & cookies
When you use or interact with the Service, we may use a variety of technologies that collect information about how the Service is accessed and used. This information may include:
- information about User Content (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use) you post to the Service including messages you send and/or receive via the Service;
- technical data, which may include URL information, cookie data, your IP address, the types of devices you are using to access or connect to the Service, unique device ID, device attributes, network connection type (e.g., WiFi, 3G, LTE) and provider, network and device performance, browser type, language, information enabling digital rights management, operating system, and Breadstand application version.
- motion-generated or orientation-generated mobile sensor data (e.g., accelerometer or gyroscope).
3.3 Your mobile device
- Photos and Camera: We will not access your photos or camera without first getting your explicit permission and we will never scan or import your photo library or camera roll. If you give us permission to access photos or your camera, we will only use images that you specifically choose to share with us. (You may use our application to select the photo or photos you choose to share, but we will never import the photos you review except those you explicitly share.).
- Location: We will not gather or use the specific location of your mobile device (by using, for example, GPS or Bluetooth) without first getting your explicit permission. And if you choose to share location information but later change your mind, you will always have the ability to stop sharing. Please note that this does not include IP address. We will continue to use your IP address as described in Section 3.2 above, to determine, for example, what country you are in and comply with our licensing agreements.
- Voice: We will not access your microphone without first getting your explicit permission. You will always have the ability to disable microphone access.
3.5 Payment data
If you sign up, your credit or debit card information (such as card type and expiration date) and other financial data that we need to process your payment may be collected and stored by us and/or the payment processors with which we work. We may also collect some limited information, such as your postal code, mobile number, and details of your transaction history, all of which are necessary to provide the Service. In addition, the payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number.
If you choose to pay by invoice, Breadstand may need to collect and store additional information, like your name, date of birth, and phone number, and provide it to payment processors we work with to issue invoices, to enable credit checks and to send you invoices.
3.6 Sweepstakes, contests & surveys
4. How we use the information we collect
Consistent with the permissions you give us to collect the information, we may use the information we collect, including your personal information:
- to ensure technical functionality of the Service, develop new products and services, and analyse your use of the Service, including your interaction with applications, to communicate with you for Service-related or research purposes including via emails, notifications, text messages, or other messages, which you agree to receive;
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us (e.g., through your Breadstand account settings); in the section Your preferences below, we inform you of the controls you can use to opt out from receiving certain messages;
- to process your payment or prevent or detect fraud;
5 Sharing Information
This section describes how the information collected or generated through your use of Breadstand services may be shared by you or by us.
5.1 Sharing by Breadstand
5.1.1 Service providers and others
5.1.2 Other sharing
In addition to the above, we may also share your information with third parties for these limited purposes:
- to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
- to respond to legal process (e.g., a court order or subpoena), if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so; to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law; to protect the safety of any person; to protect the rights and property of Breadstand, including to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use and any other terms that you have agreed to; and to address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- to academic researchers for purposes including statistical analysis and academic study, but only in a de-identified format;
- to publish de-identified or aggregate information about the use of the Breadstand Service; and
We are committed to protecting our users’ information. Your password protects your user account, so you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the Breadstand Service. While we take data protection precautions, no security measures are completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information.
The Breadstand Service is not directed to children under the age of 13. (In some countries, stricter age limits may apply. See our Terms and Conditions of Use.) We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 or under the applicable age limit (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, do not use the Service and do not provide any personal information to us. If you are a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal information to Breadstand, please contact us at privacy@Breadstand.com and you may request exercise of your applicable access, rectification, cancellation, and/or objection rights. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and you wish to remove publicly available content, please contact us at eraser@Breadstand.com.
8. Accessing and Updating User Information
Occasionally we may, in our discretion, make changes to the Agreements. When we make material changes to the Agreements, we’ll provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within the Service or by sending you an email. In some cases, we will notify you in advance, and your continued use of the Service after the changes have been made will constitute your acceptance of the changes. Please therefore make sure you read any such notice carefully. If you do not wish to continue using the Service under the new version of the Agreements, you may terminate the Agreements by contacting us through the Customer Service contact form.
10. Information About Cookies, Other Technologies, and Third Pary Data Collection
10.1 What are cookies and other technologies?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer, mobile phone, or other device when you visit a website. The cookie will help website providers to recognise your device the next time you visit their website. There are other similar technologies such as pixel tags (transparent graphic images placed on a web page or in an email, which indicate that a page or email has been viewed), web bugs (similar to pixel tags), and web storage, which are used in desktop software or mobile devices.
There are also technologies such as mobile device identifiers and SDK integrations to help companies recognise your device when you return to an app or otherwise use the a service.
We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them). We use the following types of cookies for the purposes explained in this chart:
Cookie Type Purpose
- Essential Operational These cookies are necessary to allow us to operate the Breadstand Service as you have requested. For example, they let us recognise what type of subscriber you are and then provide you with services accordingly.
- Performance / Analytics We use these cookies to analyse how the Breadstand Service is accessed, is used, or is performing. We use this information to maintain, operate, and continually improve the Breadstand Service. We may also obtain information from our email newsletters, including whether you opened or forwarded a newsletter or clicked on any of its content. This information tells us about our newsletters' effectiveness and helps us ensure that we're delivering information that you find interesting.
- Functional These cookies let us operate certain functions of the Breadstand Service in line with the choices you make. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the Breadstand Service, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided, such as knowing your username, remembering how you have customised our services, and reminding you of content you have enjoyed.
- Targeting / advertising We use these cookies to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests. The information may also be used for frequency capping purposes (e.g., to ensure we do not display the same advertisement to you repeatedly) and to help us regulate the advertisements you receive and measure their effectiveness.
10.3 Manage your cookie and other preferences
Please note that if you choose to block cookies, doing so may impair the Breadstand Service or prevent certain elements of it from functioning.
There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
You hereby consent to the use of the cookies and other technologies described above.
10.4 More information
Data controller:Breadstand USA Inc.
5 Brooks Rd, Lincoln, MA 01773